Deinstalling Oracle9iAS Home on SuSE 8.0

From: Roman Zhovtulya <roman_at_fh-offenburg.de>
Date: Mon, 6 Oct 2003 13:12:38 +0200

Hello everyone,
Could anyone suggest how to completely deinstall an Oracle9iAS Home under SuSE 8.0?

I also run Oracle9i database on the same machine and would like to keep it there, so would like to know how to deinstall Oracle9iAS only.

The first install of Oracle9iAS was unsuccessfull (forgot to shut down the Oracle Apache first) and now when I try installing it anew in the same home, it says that the ias_admin password is wrong. (I guess I remember the password correctly, but don't know the exact name of the instance any more, any ideas on how to retrieve it for the given home?)

I used Oracle Universal Installer to remove the given Oracle Home, all worked fine (or at least it's not listed under "Installed Products" in Oracle Universal Installer any more), but when I try to install Oracle9iAS in the new home, I get the following message:

Setup has detected an invalid Active EMD Home configured as /data/Oracle9iAS. Possible cause for this error may be previous installation of Oracle9iAS that was not completely installed or deinstalled. Please perform a deinstall on that home

Any ideas on how to proceed?

Thanks a lot,
Roman Zhovtulya
Offenburg University Received on Mon Oct 06 2003 - 06:12:38 CDT