differenece in DOS SQL*Plus vs. GUI?

From: Paul Murphy <pmurphy3_at_twcny.rr.com>
Date: Mon, 06 Oct 2003 02:55:11 GMT

I was working on an Oracle 8i database on Windows 2000. Remote clients (SQL*Plus and TOAD) can connect fine to all the databases on the machine. On the db server itself, I can connect to any of the databases using the management console (DBA Studio). I can also use a SET LOCAL=database command then start SQL*PLus from a command line and connect to any of the databases. Here's the weird part. When I use the GUI version of SQL*Plus I can't connect to any of the databases. I created a TNS_ADMIN environment variable and set it to the correct TNSNAMES.ORA file that works fine on all the remote computers. I tried modifying the host name to localhost in the TNSNAMES.ORA file...nothing worked. Any ideas? Thanks! -Paul Murphy Received on Sun Oct 05 2003 - 21:55:11 CDT