Re: Is a primary key always desired?

From: Hans Forbrich <forbrich_at_yahoo.net>
Date: Sat, 04 Oct 2003 01:56:18 GMT

Randy Harris wrote:

> I'm sure this is another dumb question, your patience is appreciated.
>
> Should every table in an Oracle database have a Primary Key? What about a
> very small table that is used for a very short list of values?

Any particular reason for avoiding the constraint? It seems to me that having the system ensure no duplicates and no nulls for the key to your 'list of values' would be a good thing.

Worried about wasting space? Check out alternate organization methods such as IOTs

--
/Hans
[mailto:`echo $from" | sed "s/yahoo/telusplanet/g"`]