Re: [?] Command USE using Oracle db

From: Daniel Morgan <damorgan_at_x.washington.edu>
Date: Fri, 03 Oct 2003 08:57:46 -0700

Igor Damiani wrote:

>Hello everybody....
>
>Using MS-SQL Server I can write this simple T-SQL command:
>
>use "db_name"
>
>Can I obtain same result using Oracle 8.1 database server?
>I need to login with unique username and password, and change different
>database using SQL command
>to run ALTER TABLE and other SQL script......
>
>Can you help me, please?
>Tks a lot!!!
>good coding!!!

There is nothing more offensive than someone that approaches Oracle with the attitude that because
they know product A they should be able to do things in product B the same way. It doesn't work that
way. Oracle developers that move to SQL Server and with the same attitude are equally offensive.

You have no business dong anything in Oracle until you have thoroughly read and digested the concepts
and architecture documents.

So in answer to your question ... you can do anything in Oracle you can do in SQL Server ... you just do
it as is appropriate and with the syntax that is correct in Oracle. So get yourself to http://tahiti.oracle.com, buy a few decent books, and read. For you to expect anyone here to know what the T-SQL command is,
or does ... some of us do but that is not the point ... is ridiculous. You need to be the one doing the studying.

--
Daniel Morgan
damorgan_at_x.washington.edu