Re: Slow Insert performance problem with Sqlplus

From: Daniel Morgan <damorgan_at_x.washington.edu>
Date: Thu, 02 Oct 2003 13:03:50 -0700

Erik wrote:

>>I am working on a performance problem with database inserts. The delivery
>>system is an HP 7410 running 11.11 and Oracle v8.1.7.4. The data load is
>>being done via sqlplus from an NT server using a database connection. The
>>insert took 2 hours to complete 30,000 records versus 135,000 records that
>>took 2 minutes on a different table. Has anyone encountered anything
>>

>simliar
>

>>to this? Thanx in advance.
>>

>Expensive triggers?

Once ... but then I stopped hurting myself. You should be able to load millions of rows per minute.

What you haven't done is given any clue as to why you are using SQL*Plus. You could use SQL*Loader, you could use IMPort, you could be having problems with bad data, triggers, constraints, or maybe something as simple as not using the APPEND hint.

Give us a hint. We don't even know how many tables you are loading with the data.

--
Daniel Morgan
damorgan_at_x.washington.edu