Deploying myapp.EAR in Oracle9i Application Server

From: news.amnet.net.au <hugo_at_geoinformex.com>
Date: Thu, 2 Oct 2003 17:37:58 +0800

Hi

I have created some simple jsp pages, then, in JDeveloper I chose New -> Deployment Profiles -> EAR file, which created the myapp.deploy file, on which I right-clicked with the mouse, choosing "deploy to EAR". This created a myapp.EAR file for me.

On the Oracle server, I used the Web-based Oracle Enterprise Manager at http://myserver:1810 first going to to the right application server, then choosing "OC4J Home", then using the button "Deploy EAR file". I uploaded the myapp.EAR file and went through the prompts (8 steps), choosing the defaults (minimal security etc).

However, now I am not sure what to do after that - in the 8 steps I wasn't asked me for a URL location for my ear so I am not even sure where to go. Previously, when I deployed a WAR file (but I think this is wrong - in JDeveloper I chose New -> Deployment Profiles -> War File - J2EE Web module) it DID asked me for a base URL but when I tried to access that location it kept stating "permission denied".

I assume I have to go to http://myserver:7777, perhaps to http://myserver:7777/webapps as this is the Enterprise Manager and presumably where my EAR file is deployed. But how do I get to the content of my EAR file? And are there any security permissions that have to be set before people can access the contents of the EAR file?

If someone could give me a detailed description on how to deploy an EAR, using the http facilities of Oracle (web based OEM) that comes with Oracle9i, I would be most grateful as I can't seem to get it to work. A pointer to very detailed documentation pages would be very useful as well.

Thanks very much

Hugo Received on Thu Oct 02 2003 - 04:37:58 CDT