Chubb Institute for Training

From: John D. Watker <jdwatker_at_earthlink.net>
Date: Wed, 01 Oct 2003 21:45:35 GMT

Hi,

Next week I'm starting the Chubb Institute for Database Admin. It sounded like a great deal, 8 months of intensive training and than the promise of job placement (at least the promise of trying to place you). Still, as next week looms I find I'm having second thoughts.

I did a google search on Chubb and found some pretty negative statements. I also read in one post that I'll need to get a bunch of certifications to make this thing work out (I asked my Chubb rep if I'd need a certification after completing the course and the best answer I got was it's optional but not necessary).

My own impressions? I may just be having beginners jitters, but the more I think about it the more I feel I was talking to used car dealers and just walked out with a lemon. Still, I hope to remain optimistic.

Please, anyone with any input (good and bad), please respond. How many people have gotten placed by Chubbs recently? How is the economy affecting that placement (I'm guessing it's pretty rough)? And what are your impressions on the faculty? Anyone with experience going to the Parsippany, NJ school? Any help with these questions would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks,

John Watker
jdwatker_at_earthlink.net Received on Wed Oct 01 2003 - 16:45:35 CDT