Re: Decimal separator in Reports 6i

From: Sybrand Bakker <gooiditweg_at_sybrandb.demon.nl>
Date: Wed, 01 Oct 2003 11:32:44 +0200

On Wed, 1 Oct 2003 10:46:15 +0200, "lokalST" <stbest001_NOSPAM_at_hotmail.com> wrote:

>"lokalST" <stbest001_at_hotmail.com> wrote in message
>> Hello,
>>
>> I'm currently using Report Builder 6i patch 7 on Oracle 8
>> Current NLS settings specifed that decimal separator is period '.' and
>> thousand separator is comma ','.
>> But, due to customer wish, for just one report i have to switch them:
>> currency items to be displayed as: 12.345,77
>> I tried to set system parameter DECIMAL and THOUSANDS in Builder but this
>> doesn't seems to work.
>> I tried to set parameters in forms when calling report but this works
>> neither.
>> I don't want to change NLS settings on the base level.
>>
>> Any reason why those parameter set with initial value in Builder are
>> overrided? Any other solution for this problem?
>>
>> Tnx in advance
>> Mladen
>
>Nobody has nay idea??

issue an appriopiate
begin
execute immediate 'alter session set nls_region = <etc>' end

in a report startup trigger
or convert the currency item in the report to a char field, change the select to include a to_char(<column>,'format','NLS_REGION=') The exact syntax for this can be looked up in the sql reference manual

Or when there is only one user involved, change the registry settings of this PC.

--
Sybrand Bakker, Senior Oracle DBA