Re: Oracle 8.0 Copy long from 1 table to another

From: Dale Edgar <Dale_at_DataBee.com>
Date: Wed, 1 Oct 2003 06:39:34 +0000 (UTC)

On Tue, 30 Sep 2003 20:55:26 GMT, jcwhui <j_c_w_h_u_i_at_hot_mail.company> wrote:

>My problem is I need to copy the value of the long column in table A to
>another table B's long column.
>
>Unfortunately, "insert into table_a select long_column from table_b"
>doesn't work. I also thought of changing table_a's long column to clob,
>and convert table_b.long_column to clob before inserting into table_a, but
>to_lob() doesn't exist in Oracle 8.0.
>
>So is this my only option: dumping table_b.long_column to a file and

Investigate the use of the SQLPlus COPY command. This can transfer longs.

Here's a link to the FAQ: http://www.orafaq.com/faqplus.htm#COPYLONG

Kind regards
Dale

Need to get the DDL out of a schema (or database)? Check out our freeware DBATool. http://www.DataBee.com/dt_home.htm Received on Wed Oct 01 2003 - 01:39:34 CDT