Re: deleting a database

From: Daniel Morgan <damorgan_at_x.washington.edu>
Date: Tue, 30 Sep 2003 14:20:55 -0700

Peter Morris wrote:

>How do I delete a database?
>
>I'm using Oracle Personal Edition on my own computer,
>so I have all the access privileges I need.

My guess is that your background is SQL Server or Sybase and you haven't a clue what you just asked.

If you literally mean what you asked then stop Oracle .... shutdown ... and just delete the data files, control files, and log files.

If you really mean something completely different you need to learn something about Oracle ... but you can log on as SYS and drop the user using the CASCADE flag.

--
Daniel Morgan
damorgan_at_x.washington.edu