Re: Installing Oracle 9i on Solaris 9

From: Anna C. Dent <anacedent_at_hotmail.com>
Date: Tue, 23 Sep 2003 17:14:07 -0700

Greg Jewell wrote:
[...snip...]

I have installed 9iAS R2 on Solaris 8 many times without a problem. For the life of me I can't get 9iAS R2 V9.0.2.0.1 to successfully install on Solaris 9. Part of the problem is that OUI keeps barfing at different points and not always with the same error.

I don't have direct access to sunsolve.sun.com, but I've been told that one or more bugs are recorded there involving Oracle & Solaris 9; all of which are unresolved.

I have an open TAR with Oracle (since 10 September), without any answers or a clue as to if it really should/does install. Received on Tue Sep 23 2003 - 19:14:07 CDT