Oracle 9i Installation Error - service still running

From: Jeffrey Owen <jeffreyowen_at_hotmail.com>
Date: 23 Sep 2003 13:12:09 -0700

I am trying to install 9i to a local laptop to create a database needed for another application. I ran into difficulty and removed 9i from the laptop.

I began the reinstall, and I ran into an error that said files that need to be reinstalled cannot be done - there is a service still running an old database.

I then went into the program files and removed the folder that housed the database.

I rebooted the machine and began the reinstall. I ran into the same issue. How do I go about shutting down the service to enable the reinstall of 9i?

By the way, I am using Windows Server 2000.

Jeff Received on Tue Sep 23 2003 - 15:12:09 CDT