Oracle novice training idea

From: O. Kouame <olivier.kouame_at_wylesight.com>
Date: 23 Sep 2003 11:05:52 -0700

I've noticed while looking at posts that a lot of novice DBAs or beginners don't have access to a real database when studying. I'm thinking of starting a service consisting of about a dozen machines linked together simulating a real life OLTP system with about 1000 simulated users which will be opened to novices to let them see what a real db looks like and allowing them to practise procedures like backups and tuning. I'd appreciate any opinions or comments on the idea.

Thanks, Received on Tue Sep 23 2003 - 13:05:52 CDT