Re: Why Not Allow Temp Tables?

From: Pete Cresswell <x_at_y.z>
Date: Mon, 22 Sep 2003 23:33:04 GMT

RE/
> Sounds like you've not understood what global temporary tables are about?

I think you've nailed it.

I was missing the "fixed structure, data-visible-to-only-inserting-session" part.

Now it makes more sense.

I'm taking the "no schema changes except under controlled cirumstances" part on faith. Would the prohibition be because letting somebody do a CEATE TABLE/DROP TABLE for temp tables mean that they could do the same thing with "real" tables?

PeteCresswell Received on Mon Sep 22 2003 - 18:33:04 CDT