Re: UPDATE or INSERT on a view ?

From: <bsc7080mqc_at_mylxhp.com>
Date: Mon, 22 Sep 2003 08:02:57 -0400

I am not sure but you might get away with it if you do a cast array or have a function call in your view. However I think you might violate the Pragma restrictions which protect against data changing during select statements.

On Mon, 22 Sep 2003 12:25:32 +0200, "Zixiong WANG" <z.wang_at_sysium.com> wrote:

>Hi,
>
>Can I execute an UPDATE or an INSERT to a view ?
>
>Thanks,

MylxHQ - Oracle Resource Portal
http://oracle.mylxhq.com
bsc7080mqc_at_mylxhp.com
(replace mylxhp with mylxhq to reply/contact) Received on Mon Sep 22 2003 - 07:02:57 CDT