Re: PL/SQL Cursor : any analogy in programming languages

From: Daniel Morgan <damorgan_at_x.washington.edu>
Date: Thu, 18 Sep 2003 21:56:58 -0700

Alex Vinokur wrote:

>"Sybrand Bakker" <gooiditweg_at_sybrandb.demon.nl> wrote in message news:krnjmv49r1j9fhonh3o8fgku2berc4rkk1_at_4ax.com...
>[snip]
>

>>Sorry to say so, but do you have any valid reason not to visit
>>tahiti.oracle.com and search in for the word 'cursor' in the 'Oracle
>>Concepts' category.
>>

>[snip]
>
>The question was posted to news:comp.databases.oracle.misc. Something wrong?
>
>Is there another appropriate newsgroup?
>
>Thanks,

> Alex Vinokur
> mailto:alexvn_at_connect.to
> http://mathforum.org/library/view/10978.html

The newsgroup was appropriate though c.d.o.server would be better.

The point of Sybrand's posting, as I interpret it, was that if you went to tahiti.oracle.com and looked it up you would find far more, and better material, than we can post here. He was suggesting you invest some effort in looking it up yourself and then come back and post any questions if you don't fully understand what you read.

--
Daniel Morgan
damorgan_at_x.washington.edu