Re: Oracle on HP-UX or Linux on Intel platform

From: Daniel Morgan <damorgan_at_x.washington.edu>
Date: Wed, 17 Sep 2003 16:09:16 -0700

Jeroen Gouma wrote:

>Hello all,
>
>I pretty new into the world of Oracle, but I have to write down the
>differences between Oracle on HP-UX, Linux and maybe W2K.
>
>One thing I can imagine is that for large amounts of data HP-UX would
>be the best choice, but there sure will be more reasons to prefer one
>off these solutions.
>
>Is there any website where more information is about this?
>
>Thanx,
>
>Jeroen

Quantity of data is the least of the things I think about.

Hardware choices, first and foremost, are based on stability, security, and scalability. And scalability is more than just records ... it is the number and size of transactions.

This seems to be a class project and I think it would be wrong for us to do more than just point you to the various vendor's and suggest that you ask them directly.

--
Daniel Morgan
damorgan_at_x.washington.edu