Ugrading 11.0.3 to 11.5.9 Category 1 task question

From: Bo Bradham <flb3c_at_jm.acs.Virginia.EDU>
Date: Tue, 16 Sep 2003 18:15:00 +0000 (UTC)

In upgrading to 11.5.9 one of the Category 1 tasks is: Step 5: Update user-defined FastFormula definitions (conditionally required) And the instructions say to do this:

"On any VARCHAR columns used to store numbers or dates, change ff_database_
items.definition_text as follows:

	use fnd_number.canonical_to_number (instead of to_number) and
	fnd_date.canonical_to_date (instead of to_date). "

"Remove to_date (and DD-MON-YYYY) from any date context in ff_routes.text. For
example, a route with text containing "and to_date(\&B1, ’DD-MON-YYYY’) between EE.effective_start_date and EE.effective_end_date" should be changed to read "and \&B1 between EE.effective_start_date and EE.effective_end_date"."

But there are no details on how that should be accomplished. I tried simply updating the table and got a message that the item I was trying to update is used by a fast formula. Should I disable the triggers, update the table, enable the triggers, then compile all the fast formulas? Or is there some other way to get these updates done?

Bo Bradham Received on Tue Sep 16 2003 - 13:15:00 CDT