Re: Student Looking for 9iR2 Personal Edition

From: makbo <makbo_at_pacbell.net>
Date: Tue, 16 Sep 2003 11:14:08 GMT

Daniel Morgan wrote:
[...]

> In case you haven't noticed ... 9i is on the verge of being obsolete.

Isn't that a little overstated for the real world?

I can't even find a desupport notice on Metalink for 9.2 (only 9.0).

When I go to tahiti.oracle.com, the newest version listed is 9.2.

When I go to Oracle's main web site, the little URL address bar logo shows "9i".

I just upgraded my company's production database to 9.2 earlier this year. As a working DBA and Unix admin for the last twelve years, I wouldn't even dream of going to Oracle 10 in production for another year or more (for Linux, make that two years). Just one look at the list of bugs fixed in each patchset, such as 9.2.0.4 (just released in August), is quite a sobering experience.

As for the original post, each user should download Personal Edition themselves or pay the $40 for CD's. I recall having to agree to a license condition to not copy the download to any other media for distribution.

--Mark Bole Received on Tue Sep 16 2003 - 06:14:08 CDT