Re: Install personal editio 8i in win98 HELP!!!!, PLISSSSS!!!

From: Daniel Morgan <damorgan_at_x.washington.edu>
Date: Mon, 15 Sep 2003 18:07:18 -0700

Poleo wrote:

>Hi, how install personal edition release 3 (8.1.7) in win98???. It send me
>a error Jrew page no valid in JAVAI.DLL, and dead. The pcs are Celeron 1.7
>and win98 is full upgrade, and nothing. In other pcs with win98 too and
>very older the install run without problems.
>
>Please, if you can help me...
>
>Thanks all.

I'd suggest you hit eBay and get a real machine with a real operating system.

But assuming you can't ... no help is possible without more information from you.

You must state at what point the install failed, post the exact error message (not your interpretation of the error message) and read the installation log file and post any relevant portion.

My only thought based on what you posted is that you have a Java Virtual Machine on the machine that is of the wrong version, or maybe multiple versions.

--
Daniel Morgan
damorgan_at_x.washington.edu