Re: need help with installation

From: Daniel Morgan <damorgan_at_x.washington.edu>
Date: Sun, 14 Sep 2003 20:36:52 -0700

frenchie bernard wrote:

>Just downloaded 9i 9.2.0.1.0 and on installation is get an error
>message that says that I need to shotdown the following service before
>installation can continue:
>
> OracleMTSRecoveryService.
>
>How do I shut it down?
>
>The help dialogue box says something about running out of disk space
>but this is impossible: I have 110 Gb free. I couldn't find anything
>really concrete
>
>I'm running XP Home.

1. Shut down services in the Control Panel 2. We have over-and-over-and-over-and-over stated as is clearly also stated in the Oracle documentation
that no version of Oracle is certified or tested on XP Home. Some get it to work. Some don't. The best
advice is to get a real operating system ... either W2K, XP Pro or Linux.

--
Daniel Morgan
damorgan_at_x.washington.edu