need help with installation

From: frenchie bernard <noway_at_donteventhinkaboutit.com>
Date: Mon, 15 Sep 2003 01:48:47 GMT

Just downloaded 9i 9.2.0.1.0 and on installation is get an error message that says that I need to shotdown the following service before installation can continue:

 OracleMTSRecoveryService.

How do I shut it down?

The help dialogue box says something about running out of disk space but this is impossible: I have 110 Gb free. I couldn't find anything really concrete

I'm running XP Home. Received on Sun Sep 14 2003 - 20:48:47 CDT