Simple SP with Simple SELECT

From: Heather B <private_at_private.private>
Date: Sat, 13 Sep 2003 23:37:39 -0500

hi there,

i am new to oracle, but not new at all to sql or to coding stored procedures. i am trying to write simple stored procedure in plsql for oracle 9, and my sp needs to simply return a full recordset. no parameters, no where clause, nothing else. just a simple select. but oracle is erroring, reporting that i am missing my into clause in my sp. i have searched the web and found only sp examples that have select into and then output parameters that somehow contain the fields of the recordset. is this the only way? isn't there a simpler way with no parameters, and just a full recordset being returned in response to a query?

thanks for any help.

heather Received on Sat Sep 13 2003 - 23:37:39 CDT