Re: Password Files?

From: Daniel Morgan <damorgan_at_x.washington.edu>
Date: Thu, 11 Sep 2003 14:53:14 -0700

David Reilly wrote:

>Using the Database Configuration Assistant in 8i I have created a batch file
>and scripts so I can (hopefully) replicate the database to several instances
>of Oracle.
>
>When I transfer the files to a new Oracle server, the scripts fail because I
>am unable to attach to the database i have just created.
>
>Is this something to do with the PWDxxx.ora file or am I just making a basic
>mistake somewhere?
>
>Thanks

A very basic mistake. You didn't provide enough information from which anyone can possibly help you.

But it likely has nothing to do with the password file as you can always, in 8i log in as internal without the password.

Post the script. Or at least the part that fails.

--
Daniel Morgan
damorgan_at_x.washington.edu