Re: SQL*Net2 connection terminating suddenly

From: Daniel Morgan <damorgan_at_x.washington.edu>
Date: Thu, 11 Sep 2003 07:31:18 -0700

Dim Gool wrote:

>Dear enlightened experts!
>
>Please, sorry for my bad English.
>I have decided to try to disturb you by my question.
>I have an Oracle 7.2.2.4 running on SCO Unix 3.2v4.2,SCO Unix
>3.2v5.0.5.
>We tried to begin to work via SQL*Net2, SQL*Net1 currently in use and
>will stay on.
>But when Oracle session has been established, it breaks in some
>seconds with
>ORA 03113 Error "end of file on communication channel". It notices,
>that this is
>preceded with switching of listener port in status FIN_WAIT2 on a server
>side, after that any attempt to run sql raise 03113.
>We've observed it on all servers, irrespective of operating system,
>Oracle versions are all the same.
>But I use two machine for diagnostics, with SCO Unix 3.2v4.2 / SCO
>Unix 3.2v5.0.5 and Oracle 7.2.2.4
>installed on them. They work correctly, without breaks on SQL*Net2!
>All machines are connected to the
>same switch, have the similar LAN adapter(Intel UTP 10/100). SCO Unix
>3.2v4.2 with SCO TCP/IP release
>1.2.1L + net382 + net398b, SCO Unix 3.2v5.0.5 with SCO TCP/IP release
>1.2.1EB.
>
>Could you specify me, what to pay attention on?
>
>With respect,
>Deem.

You are working on an ancient version of Oracle. Perhaps someone here still is and can help you ... but what possible reason is there for not upgrading to something sold within the current millenium? You would get many advantages. One of them being to your resume.

--
Daniel Morgan
damorgan_at_x.washington.edu