Problems with SS7(WinNT) -> O9i(Solaris) Migration...

From: Richard Crawford <rcrawford.cow_at_remove_herbivore.unexmail.ucdavis.edu>
Date: Wed, 10 Sep 2003 09:31:40 -0700

I've been breaking my head over this one for a couple of weeks now.

The source database is an MS-SQL Server 7 database living on a Windows NT server; the destination is an Oracle 9i database living on Solaris 9.

I've been trying to use the Oracle Migration Workbench to migrate the database, but after two weeks, I have had no success. At every attempt, I get the following error:

"failed to map index :
oracle.mtg.migration.MigrationSQLException: ORA-01400: cannot insert NULL into ("SA"."OM_INDEX_INFO"."TABLE_NAME") :ORA-01400: cannot insert NULL into ("SA"."OM_INDEX_INFO"."TABLE_NAME")"

This is just the first in approximately 750 similar errors.

I admit that I am at a loss. If anyone can offer any guidance, I would greatly appreciate it. Received on Wed Sep 10 2003 - 11:31:40 CDT