Re: select ... where col in (collection)

From: roger <rsr_at_rogerware.com>
Date: Mon, 08 Sep 2003 20:19:24 GMT

Richard Kuhler <noone_at_nowhere.com> wrote in news:ul57b.41737$IJ6.1587587 @twister.socal.rr.com:

> roger wrote:

><snip>
>> Well, the answer to my question seems to be to
>> do something like this:
>>
>>   where col in (select column_value from table(collection_variable) )

> As silly as it might seem, you have to cast the variable to it's own
> type to make this work ...
>
> ... where user_id in
> (select column_value from table(cast(cvar as numtab))))
>

> Richard Kuhler

That does indeed seem silly, but it also works:) Thank you very much.

Now, I guess my only question would be whether this is the best or only way to use a collection variable in this way - as the subject of an IN operator.

Would you have any thoughts on that?

Thanks again. Received on Mon Sep 08 2003 - 15:19:24 CDT