Re: Q: Oracle sqlplus way to capture all duplications and removal.

From: ColoC <colocoloc_at_yahoo.com>
Date: 6 Sep 2003 19:59:42 -0700

vslabs_at_onwe.co.za (Billy Verreynne) wrote in message news:<1a75df45.0309061225.6aebc083_at_posting.google.com>...
> colocoloc_at_yahoo.com (ColoC) wrote
>
> > That's the point. Even though I do not have 10+ million, I have over
> > 500+k rows. And I am not the DBA who made the rule that a user (as I
> > am) is not allowed to create any table in the DB. But I am asked to
> > deal with the problem.
>
> What you are asking for is a technical solution for a political
> problem.
>
> Sorry. I don't deal or assist in crap like that.
>
> You and DBA are suppose to work *together*, for the *same*
> organisation and for the *same* goals.
>
> If you, the DBA, and/or your respective management cannot under stand
> that.. then tough shit.
>
> And yeah, political issues need harsh language as that is the only
> language that is understood around the politics table. Not only here,
> but in the real conference room when dealing with the empire building
> arses.

Sorry for my words if it is not polite enough to guru in this group. And I do appreciate any better hint that could probably help me a little more.

I am just not confident of myself at this time. However I always dealt with this type of craps here. Shit, isn't it? However please do back me and tell me whether my proposed solution is the only way I can do without any progress from the DBA's attitude if not say the DBA's knowledge or expertise. I just need some guru to tell me yes or no, OR ANY better ideas?

Thanks.

ColoC Received on Sat Sep 06 2003 - 21:59:42 CDT