Re: which SCHEMAS are actually needed?

From: Daniel Morgan <damorgan_at_exxesolutions.com>
Date: Fri, 05 Sep 2003 18:59:50 -0700

Hari Om wrote:

>I am using Oracle 9.2.0.1 on IBM AIX 5.1 box.
>It seems that when I install ORACLE, it gets FULLY LOADED with all the
>SCHEMA's - wonder why. Following SCHEMAS are availavle when I checke
>din OEM - but which of these are "actually" needed and which are not
>needed and can be deleted safely without affecting normal DB
>functions.
>
>Here is a LOADED list:
>CTXSYS, HR, MDSYS, ODM,ODM_MTR,OE,OLAPSYS,ORDPLUGINS,ORDSYS,OUTLN,PM,PUBLIC,QS,QS_ADM,QS_CBADM,QS_CS,QS_ES,QS_OS,SCOTT,SH,SYS,SYSTEM,WKSYS,XDB
>
>Ofcourse I know we need SYS,SYSTEM and SCOTT...
>
>Any related informatino on this is appreciated.....
>
>THANKS!

Needed are:

SYS, SYSTEM and PUBLIC. Everything else is for other product offerings or for training.

And if you are perplexed as to how all of this was loaded ... it is because you didn't read the documentation before installing. You get exactly what you asked for.

And please don't cross-post. The only group in which this query is on-topic is one you didn't choose ... comp.databases.oracle.server.

--
Daniel Morgan
damorgan_at_x.washington.edu