Re: Allowing Oracle transactions to span client processes

From: Hans Forbrich <forbrich_at_telusplanet.net>
Date: Fri, 05 Sep 2003 14:05:58 GMT

Billy Verreynne wrote:

> ben_ml_at_hotmail.com (Ben) wrote
>
> Only con I can think of is that this is not an 8i feature and will
> require you to go to 9i. (which is a Good Thing (tm) anyway ;-)

Actually the feature seems to have been introduced in 8.1.6. Since it was first developed for Spatial work [?] it was relatively obscure in the main stream in the 8.1.x days.

That said, in 8i it was tedious to use in part due to the lack of mgt tools [now available in OEM] and in part because all the docco was blended in the Spatial area. So I agree with you Billy that 9i is the preference.

For more info - go to OTN's sample code & look up 'Workspace', 'Long Transactions' and'Track History of your data changes'. I think there's an OBE for this as well. Received on Fri Sep 05 2003 - 09:05:58 CDT