Re: ASSOCIATE STATISTICS and operators

From: Erik <no_at_spam.com>
Date: Thu, 4 Sep 2003 08:46:15 +0200

> >Any suggestions?
>

> You are using recursive sql. Recursive sql is never merged into the
> calling level. What you want is what you get: a mess.
>

> Sybrand Bakker, Senior Oracle DBA

Thanks for the explanation, but I would be more interested in a solution.

I need to associate custom statistics with an operator and when I try to turn it into a
function in this way:

CREATE FUNCTION my_x(a IN NUMBER, b IN LONG) RETURN NUMBER AS BEGIN
    RETURN x(a, b);
END; Oracle says that an operator can only be used inside an SQL statement.

/ Erik Received on Thu Sep 04 2003 - 01:46:15 CDT