What query can sort this?

From: Sean <aether8203_at_yahoo.com>
Date: 3 Sep 2003 18:37:51 -0700

I have been trying to sort on a column of data and am stumped. Does anyone have any advice?

The column is a VARCHAR2(15)

Footnote_no

1
1.1
1.2
1.2.1
1.2.2
1.2.2.1
1.4
1.6
1.10
1.11
1.12
1.12.1
1.12.1.1

etc.

As you can tell from the data above, it is already in a nice ascending order and is the ultimate result I am looking for. By just applying a sort you get

1.10
1.11
1.12

1
etc...

I think you get the idea.

Any suggestions?
Thanks,
Sean Received on Wed Sep 03 2003 - 20:37:51 CDT