oracle and exporting data for a .mdb file

From: LHradowy <laura.hradowy_at_NOSPAM.mts.ca>
Date: Wed, 3 Sep 2003 14:21:16 -0500

I don't have a great knowledge in oracle and trying to explain this might be alittle confusing, so I apologize ahead of time. We are currently trying to cut a system over and I need to get some information.

We currently have a proprietary system the exports data to software called MONARCH this then massages and preps the data into a .mdb file for input into an access database. (It is not in the budget to get rid of this database...)

We are switching to an Oracle database (from the proprietary) but the data still needs to go the access database where it IS EXPECTING a .mdb file. We can not change this, as this will be considered a change request and more money, so I begin here. Can oracle do it, and where can I find out how to do it?

It was mentioned that PowerBuilder can do this, so can oracle do this as well?

Thank you for any info.

Laura Received on Wed Sep 03 2003 - 14:21:16 CDT