Re: Missing password to start Oracle 9i database

From: Frederico Fonseca <real-email-in-msg-spam_at_email.com>
Date: Tue, 02 Sep 2003 14:43:53 +0100

On 2 Sep 2003 06:21:02 -0700, sebastien_boisseau_at_yahoo.fr (seb41) wrote:

>Frederico Fonseca <real-email-in-msg-spam_at_email.com> wrote in message news:<3bs8lv4qd89oo0bul85hg0o3mv6qfrpl2r_at_4ax.com>...
>> On 2 Sep 2003 03:15:30 -0700, sebastien_boisseau_at_yahoo.fr (seb41)
>> wrote:

>> >Sorry but I am not sure to understand. You say that I have to launch
>> >Database and give 3 passwords: in first oradim, then startup and to
>> >finish sid orcl ?
>> I did not mentioned anything about passwords.
>>
>> I asked you to issue a particular command, this being
>> oradim -startup -sid orcl
>>
>> all in one go.
>>
>> Have you tried it? or are you asking even before doing it?
>>
>> If you did try it what were the messages returned if any. And did it
>> lauch oracle or not?
>>

>> Frederico Fonseca
>> ema il: frederico_fonseca at syssoft-int.com
>
>I tried it. In first a window of launch of Oracle appeared with a
>message of checking protection and then a second window appeared and
>asked me a password.

Ok.

I will not make any more attempts at this

1- I assume the database HAS been created. If not then you will need firs to issue a oradim command with the -create option (do a oradim without anything else to see the options).

2- If after step 1 is completely done you are still asked for a password use either "oracle" or "change_on_install" or "manager"

3- If 1 and 2 don't work, please REMOVE COMPLETELY the Oracle installation from your machine and try again.

4- If none of the above works to to
http://otn.oracle.com/forums/forumshome.html and search there for "oradim". If needed ask the question again stating ALL the steps you have taken so far.

Frederico Fonseca
ema il: frederico_fonseca at syssoft-int.com Received on Tue Sep 02 2003 - 08:43:53 CDT