Re: Missing password to start Oracle 9i database

From: Frederico Fonseca <real-email-in-msg-spam_at_email.com>
Date: Tue, 02 Sep 2003 11:35:00 +0100

On 2 Sep 2003 03:15:30 -0700, sebastien_boisseau_at_yahoo.fr (seb41) wrote:

>Frederico Fonseca <real-email-in-msg-spam_at_email.com> wrote in message news:<jrq6lvocabgdbr98iv7mnjfsf8fgc1vk8h_at_4ax.com>...
>> On 29 Aug 2003 14:48:05 -0700, sebastien_boisseau_at_yahoo.fr (seb41)
>> wrote:
>>
>> >Hello
>> >I've downloaded Oracle Personnal 9i and my system is Windows ME. When
>> >I want to start Database, system ask me three times a password. I
>> >tried system/manager or Sys but it doesn't work. So if anybody has got
>> >a solution I will be very pleased to read it.
>>
>> First bear in mind that 9i is NOT supported on ME.
>>
>> Try the following. Not sure it will work on a ME though.
>>
>> oradim -startup -sid orcl
>> where orcl is the SID you use on your particular setup.
>>

>> Frederico Fonseca
>> ema il: frederico_fonseca at syssoft-int.com
>
>Sorry but I am not sure to understand. You say that I have to launch
>Database and give 3 passwords: in first oradim, then startup and to
>finish sid orcl ?

I did not mentioned anything about passwords.

I asked you to issue a particular command, this being oradim -startup -sid orcl

all in one go.

Have you tried it? or are you asking even before doing it?

If you did try it what were the messages returned if any. And did it lauch oracle or not?

Frederico Fonseca
ema il: frederico_fonseca at syssoft-int.com Received on Tue Sep 02 2003 - 05:35:00 CDT