OCI: BLOB-insert question

From: Ole Hansen <rm_oha_rm_at_city.dk>
Date: Mon, 01 Sep 2003 13:16:03 +0200

Hi,

I know I have to use a LobLocator when inserting BLOBs with OCILobWrite but is it really necessary to SELECT the locator before I can populate the BLOB column? Isnt it possible to populate the BLOB value during the first INSERT statement?

I know I have to initialize the locator to empty before populating the the BLOB value - either by inserting EMPTY_BLOB() as value or by setting the attribute to OCI_ATTR_LOBEMPTY and the insert the locator itself as value, right? Now when I already have the locator allocated and initialized isnt it then possible to populate the BLOB rigth after OCIStmtExecute has been called using OCILobWrite on the allocated locators, i.e. without doing a SELECT?

Thanks in advance.
Br,
Ole Hansen Received on Mon Sep 01 2003 - 06:16:03 CDT