Re: 8i install problem on XP (Client options there but no database).

From: Kevin Wright <wrightkevin_at_ntlworld.com>
Date: Sun, 31 Aug 2003 11:49:20 +0100

Hi Sybrand,

As previously mentioned. I know for a fact that my version of Oracle 8i will run
succesfully on Windows XP home edition. Unfortunately after a Windows rebuild
the Oracle Install program no longer shows all the options on my machine. (Irritatingly
leaving out the one thing I want - the database itself.)

Kevin Wright.

"Sybrand Bakker" <gooiditweg_at_sybrandb.demon.nl> wrote in message news:ggi3lvc9keuma8433mndl6p1aaq1mi9hge_at_4ax.com...
> On Sun, 31 Aug 2003 09:55:01 +0100, "Kevin Wright"
> <wrightkevin_at_ntlworld.com> wrote:
>
> >Hi,
> >
> >I am experiencing a problem trying to install Oracle 8i Personal Edition
on
> >my laptop. The operating system is XP home edition. I have had no
problems
> >previously installing Oracle on this machine with the same operating
system
> >(from the same cd as I am using now).
> >
> >Typically I launch the Oracle setup with the compatibility set to Windows
Me