Re: Universal Installer does not start on WinXP

From: Bogdan Zamfir <dont.spam.me_at_despammed.com>
Date: Fri, 29 Aug 2003 19:52:38 +0300

> >If you stick only to specifications, you should change your job.
>
> Apparently you don't want to believe Oracle' specifications. If the
> car vendor states the motor will only run on petrol, do you think you
> can fill the tank with ordinary gasoline?

At this question, I can answer you why don't you work in car industry? How often do you upgrade your car with service packs and drivers?

Most PC hardware manufacturer states their PC's was certified for WinXP (or 2000 or whatsever). If all users should follow this statement, Linux should be born dead.

And Linux is one of the platforms Oracle bet on.

> Why don't you want to believe Oracle doesn't support WinXP?

Simply because I installed before Oracle 8i on WinXP, and it worked very well. Received on Fri Aug 29 2003 - 11:52:38 CDT