Problems installing Oracle 8i PE on WinXP

From: Bogdan Zamfir <dont.spam.me_at_despammed.com>
Date: Thu, 28 Aug 2003 23:06:29 +0300

Hi,

I didn't used Oracle before.
I enchance an Access app who fetch some data from an Oracle database using linked tables, and then process data.

So I need to install Oracle in order to be able to fully test the app. I downloaded Oracle 8iPE for NT/2000, and installed in server mode on a Win2000 Server. Everything seems OK so far Now I want to install Client tools on a WinXP PC, which is my development PC.
But unfortunately Setup.exe (Oracle Universal installer) don't want to start at all.
I know it is Java GUI app.
What can I do to make it start?
I don't know if I have MS Java VM installed (although I think it is), so just in case I instaled also SUN Java 2 runtime environment, but still nothing.

Please help me.
Thank you.

Regards,
Bogdan Received on Thu Aug 28 2003 - 15:06:29 CDT