Exception handling inpl/sql

From: Steve Holdoway <steve_at_itemfront.ltd.uk>
Date: Thu, 28 Aug 2003 09:37:25 +0000 (UTC)

Hi Folks,

I'm trying to devise a scheme whereby I can retrospectively put some error handling into existing in-house developed code. In order to do this, I'm trying to use local procedures within the procedures themselves, thereby upsetting the existing code as little as possible. I'm trying to take the suggestions in Steven Feuerstein's articles on otn (managing exceptional behaviour) as a basis for this 'project'

What I would like to do is to encapsulate all of the exception handling at the procedure level into a private procedure as well. Will this work, or will the exception handler just shoot off back to the calling routine?

Cheers,

Steve Received on Thu Aug 28 2003 - 04:37:25 CDT