Transfer "Accesscode" column from flat file into Oralce table

From: Gary <rooty_hill2002_at_yahoo.com.au>
Date: 27 Aug 2003 19:02:30 -0700

Hi! guys,

I have a flat file exported from an Informix database table. There is a column called "accesscode" stores encrypted internet access codes (in Informix, it is in varchar type), e.g. something looks like "ëàòä".

The data in the flat file are correct. When I used sqlldr to load this column into varchar2 type, they were all converted by Oracle into pure English characters and the developers are complaining they can't do any testing 'cause the testing passwords are gone as well.

I tried to use RAW in the Oracle table to load the data in but failed, I got ORA-01465 error. Apparently sqlldr can't update the table with the data.

I don't know how to fix the problem except that I can try to write a program to update this table from the flat file. One of my friends has the experience of sucessfully doing this. Is there any other way to do this? Unfortunately we are not using Oracle migration tool and I have a very tight schedule.

Some infos:

1. 9.2.0.3.0
2. HP Unix 11i
3. UTF8 set (anything to do with it?)

Thanks in advance,

Gary Received on Wed Aug 27 2003 - 21:02:30 CDT