Newbie Oracle SQL question

From: Peter J Marrin <petemarrin54_at_hotmail.com>
Date: 27 Aug 2003 11:27:25 -0700

I can't get Oracle to handle this type of query: SELECT *, 'hello' AS Greeting FROM table

I want to grab all columns of a table and append my own column called Greeting. The only way in Oracle I can do this is to explicitly select each column by name, but I want to avoid this and just use "*".  Is this possible? I can do it in SQL Server, unless there is already a column called Greeting in the table.

Any help is appreciated. Received on Wed Aug 27 2003 - 13:27:25 CDT