Re: ORA-00933: SQL command not properly ended

From: Rauf Sarwar <rs_arwar_at_hotmail.com>
Date: Wed, 27 Aug 2003 13:54:54 -0400

Originally posted by Daniel Morgan

> And I'm not "thinking" you are using reserved words. I know you are.
> That was

> 99% of the point of my response. Doing so is an act guaranteed
> to cause

> problems in any language with any software.

Although I agree with you on the bad choice of column names but in this instance, I don't think it's the reserved words that is throwing the error. This is because NAME and ROLE are keywords and not reserved words. To correctly identify reserved words use x$kwddef view... v$reserved_words lumps all of them togather,

select keyword "Reserved Words"

from x$kwddef

where type in (2, 16);

select keyword "Keywords"

from x$kwddef

where type = 1;

e.g. ROLE is a keyword but not reserved word... which means you can use

     it BUT it is not recommended.

Maybe OP can run this query inside dynamic sql and parse to see if it throws any errors. I say dynamic sql because that is how database sees the query coming from Cold Fusion.

Regards

/Rauf Sarwar