Re: ORA-00933: SQL command not properly ended

From: Daniel Morgan <damorgan_at_exxesolutions.com>
Date: Wed, 27 Aug 2003 08:50:18 -0700

Michael Hill wrote:

> This is a query from a coldfusion script. When I put the sql in the sql
> console it executes fine.
>
> Are you thinking it has some reserved words?
>
> The other queries in the coldfusion queries don't have semi-colons....
>
> Mike
> "Daniel Morgan" <damorgan_at_exxesolutions.com> wrote in message
> > Michael Hill wrote:
> >
> > > I'm getting an oracle error when I attempt to update the datbase with
> > > this sql the results from coldfusion:
> > >
> > > sql:
> > >
> > > UPDATE pim.LI_ACCESS SET NAME='John Gnagy', ROLE='User',
> > > NT_USERID='gnagy', NT_DOMAIN='HHHHHH', STATUS='A' WHERE ACCESS_ID='330'
> > >
> > > error:
> > > ORA-00933: SQL command not properly ended
> > >
> > > Look fine to me....
> > >
> > > Mike
> >
> > Not to me!
> >
> > Try this query:
> >
> > SELECT keyword
> > FROM v_$reserved_words
> > WHERE keyword LIKE 'NA%';
> >
> > SELECT keyword
> > FROM v_$reserved_words
> > WHERE keyword LIKE 'ROL%';
> >
> > and where's your semi-colon?
> >
> > --
> > Daniel Morgan
> > http://www.outreach.washington.edu/extinfo/certprog/oad/oad_crs.asp
> > http://www.outreach.washington.edu/extinfo/certprog/aoa/aoa_main.asp
> > damorgan_at_x.washington.edu
> > (replace 'x' with a 'u' to reply)

SQL*Plus is not ColdFusion. ColdFusion is adding the semi-colons when it passes through the queries or they would never work.

And I'm not "thinking" you are using reserved words. I know you are. That was 99% of the point of my response. Doing so is an act guaranteed to cause problems in any language with any software.

--
Daniel Morgan