Re: ANSI SQL 99

From: Daniel Morgan <damorgan_at_exxesolutions.com>
Date: Tue, 26 Aug 2003 09:52:38 -0700

Fredrik Wahlgren wrote:

> Does anyone know of a tutorial or similar where I can learn more? I went to
> www.ansi.org but failed to find anything useful. I would prefer a
> downloadable pdf file
>
> Regards,
> Fredrik

No database implements ANSI SQL 99 so why do you want to learn it?

Each database vendor has a layer of ANSI SQL compliance upon which they have layered their own proprietary extensions. The amount of ANSI compliance always meets the necessary minimum for marketing purposes. After that they are all very very different. I'd suggest picking one implementation, such as Oracle's, and learning that.

--
Daniel Morgan
http://www.outreach.washington.edu/extinfo/certprog/aoa/aoa_main.asp