ci_ views

From: Iain Brown <iain.brown_at_uk.thalesgroup.com>
Date: Tue, 26 Aug 2003 13:26:26 +0100

Hi,

I've been given the lovely task of documenting the contents of my project's database tables.

I got told to use report generator with the ci_ views, e.g. ci_table_definition, ci_primary_key_constraints... etc.

Anyway, I managed to get what I needed for the table itself, but for the key constraints, I cannot find how the ci_ views link the keys to their fields. E.g. a primary key called 'MME_PRK' was made up of 3 fields. Yet the ci_primary_key_constraints view contained 10 records with the name MME_PRK', all identical except the IVID and PARENT_IVID fields - which are the version id's. I didn't find anything obvious in the ci_columns view either.

I'm using Oracle 9i

Hope you can help,

Iain Received on Tue Aug 26 2003 - 07:26:26 CDT