Databaselink question

From: abjiang <member35506_at_dbforums.com>
Date: Mon, 25 Aug 2003 19:32:25 -0400

Hi All,

I created database link between two databases using:

CREATE DATABASE LINK foo connect to user identified by pass1 using 'DB_Mult';

The "Database link created" messege was shown after executing the above line.

However, when I try to run query on the remote database using "select * from tableA_at_foo", I got this error messege:

ORA-12154: TNS:could not resolve service name.

How can I fix this probelm? Was it caused by the tnsnames.ora file on the remote database?

Thanks in advance for your help!