Re: Mapping ERD to UML class diagram

From: Ryan Gaffuri <rgaffuri_at_cox.net>
Date: 25 Aug 2003 03:54:57 -0700

bms0ch_at_aol.com (Bms0ch) wrote in message news:<20030823175046.25337.00000677_at_mb-m15.aol.com>...
> Hi
>
> Anyone know how best to approach this? Any foolproof methods of doing this?
> Anyone know of any useful online resources to aid the process?
>
> Found some information on mapping UML to ERD - but it's my belief it's not a
> simply a matter of reversing the rules I found there.
>
> Advice appreciated.
>
> TIA
no fool proof methods. very few generally accepted methods either. Its definitely not a matter of reversing the rules. You have to be careful or you end up with massive multi-table joins and/or unusable OO models.

take this question to odutg. lots of debate there. www.fatcity.com. There are several odtug listservs. Received on Mon Aug 25 2003 - 05:54:57 CDT