standby database naming...

From: Volker Hetzer <volker.hetzer_at_ieee.org>
Date: Fri, 22 Aug 2003 12:18:53 +0200

Hi!
I'm a bit confused about the naming conventions when setting up a redundant system.
the rman doc insists on giving the standby db the same id whereas dgmgrl demands
lots of names including the instance name for both databases, implying (to me)
that they cann all be different.
Personally I'd prefer to have two databases with different DBIDs to make it easier for me what backing up. I was about to register them both at the catalog.
Is it possible to set up a database with a standby that has a different dbname,
instance name and dbid?

Besides, what is the ressource name for that dgmgrl requires?

Lots of Greetings!
Volker Received on Fri Aug 22 2003 - 05:18:53 CDT