Re: Trigger on shared tables

From: Harald Maier <maierh_at_myself.com>
Date: Thu, 21 Aug 2003 20:46:30 +0200

Stefan Rupp <st.rupp_at_t-online.de> writes:

> Good evening,
>
> Harald Maier schrieb:
>> As far as I understand, waitone should be enough. But I would not use
>> 'for each row' in the trigger definition and also you should think
>> about Anruag's words: it might be _overkill_. The trigger will be
>> executed on commit.
>
> Okay, if a trigger with dbms_alert is considered as overkill, what
> other mechanisms are more appropriate? I would be grateful for
> suggestions.

Personally, I think if you have moderate modifications to the table then it should be ok. If you have lots of committed changes to the table then why not poll the table. Another possibility would be to combine both methods. One loop listens to the signal. Another loop updates the viev.

Harald Received on Thu Aug 21 2003 - 13:46:30 CDT